Mar 30, 2009

The Strangest Restaurant

When my parents were over, my ex and I decided to take them to a restaurant in the mountains. Now, this restaurant was actually carved into a mountain and it was like being on another planet! Everything was carved out of the stone - the tables, bench seats, everything.

The staff didn't seem to speak Spanish, English or any other language I could think of so I thought I'd give sign language a go.

My Cow Impression

With a thumb to each temple and my forefingers in the air, I said "moooooo" in a very cow-like way, since my order for steak had been met with a blank look. The waitress (or owner, who knows?) then proceeded to smile with a look of comprehension, nod with a look of complete understanding and disappeared into the kitchen.



She returned about 10 minutes later with... a pork chop.

No comments:

Post a Comment