Apr 4, 2009

Gloria Palace Thalassotherapy (or However You Spell it!)

I'm not sure if I've spelt that right but on my way to Netto a man just gave me a free ticket for the thalassatherapy (alternative spelling!) in Gloria Palace Amadores which was very nice of him! He got it free for sitting through a timeshare presentation and he is going home on Monday and isn't going to use it so his wife sent him out to give it to someone. My mum is coming over next month so we'll both go one morning (the leaflet is dated so she can claim she's been on holiday in Gran Canaria for 2 months - lucky her!)

What is Thalassotherapy?

Rather than try and explain, you can have a look here to find out what it is and here for the Gloria Palace website. And you can expect another post in May telling you whether it was any good!


Photo by G@bry

Actually I had some treatments at the Gloria Palace San Agustín hotel (same chain) a few years back. I had a massage, algae treatment and some kind of wrap, then half a day in the spa pool. It was pretty good and you do come out feeling nice and relaxed.

I really love stuff like that but it doesn't come cheap unfortunately! I've only ever had 2 massages - one in Gloria Palace San Agustín and one in Holiday World in Maspalomas (the Wellness Centre part not the rollercoaster part!) and I really liked them.

2 comments:

  1. That is really nice interesting but a tongue twisting name. I have also visited the link of palace you have given. I wish I could personally visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We recommend this Thalasso Center, one of the most important in Gran Canaria

    ReplyDelete