Mar 31, 2009

Canarian Pet Shops

The pet shops in Gran Canaria are a bit different from those back home. You can get tiny puppies and kittens in the pet shops here, unlike in the UK where I think it's banned (correct me if I'm wrong) and it's fish, fish or... mice. Or Siberian hamsters.

The dogs and cats from pet shops here are pretty expensive because they're pedigree. Expect to pay 500€ for a kitten (usually Persian or Siamese) and 600€ for a puppy (I don't like dogs much so I couldn't tell you the breeds).

You'd better make sure you have a securely fastened terrace too unless your pet stays in the house. If I paid 500€ for a cat and it ran off the day I bought it I'd be pretty cheesed off! That's one of the reasons I got a rescue cat instead. This is Cleo:



Not exactly elegant is she? I think she was snoring too when I took this.

No comments:

Post a Comment